Hi,

Am Samstag, 27. Dezember 2008 schrieb Alexander Winizki:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded the SVN tarball of the current trunk version (revision
> 138) and unpacked it. When I start make, it seems to compile lots of
> files without an error message and then says "done building targets",
> but at the end there seems to be no result - the bin directory is empty.
> I use open suse 11.0. What did I do wrong?
>
> here is the output of the make process:
>
> a...@bigblue:/home/programs/dvbcut/trunk> make
> scons  \
> [...]
> `/home/programs/dvbcut/trunk/ffmpeg.src/libavformat'
> make: Leaving directory `/home/programs/dvbcut/trunk/ffmpeg.src'

Up to here only the internal ffmpeg libs have been compiled ... which, dispite
all that warnings, looks ok...

> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -o src/mplayererrorbase.h src/mplayererrorbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -impl mplayererrorbase.h -o
> src/uic_mplayererrorbase.cpp src/mplayererrorbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_mplayererrorbase.cpp src/mplayererrorbase.h
> cd src && ../setversion.sh avframe.cpp avframe.h buffer.cpp buffer.h
> busyindicator.h defines.h differenceimageprovider.cpp
> differenceimageprovider.h dvbcut.cpp dvbcut.h dvbcutbase.ui
> eventlistitem.cpp eventlistitem.h exception.cpp exception.h
> exportdialog.cpp exportdialog.h exportdialogbase.ui gettext.cpp
> gettext.h imageprovider.cpp imageprovider.h index.cpp index.h
> lavfmuxer.cpp lavfmuxer.h logoutput.cpp logoutput.h main.cpp
> mpegmuxer.cpp mpegmuxer.h mpgfile.cpp mpgfile.h mplayererrorbase.ui
> muxer.h playaudio.cpp playaudio.h port.h progressstatusbar.cpp
> progressstatusbar.h progresswindow.cpp progresswindow.h
> progresswindowbase.ui psfile.cpp psfile.h pts.cpp pts.h settings.cpp
> settings.h stream.h streamdata.cpp streamdata.h streamhandle.h
> tsfile.cpp tsfile.h types.h
> Last change made on  at  in file '' by ''
> Prepared header file '../src/version.h' for version/revision:

That's very strange... we try to get the svn-revision number from the latest
changed source file via a bash script and the result ist NOTHING!?!
The output should look like:

Last change made on 2008-10-31 at 14:58:18Z in file 'lavfmuxer.cpp'
by 'too-tired'
Prepared header file '../src/version.h' for version/revision: 0.5.4-svn/138

Are you sure you checked out everything correctly by using:
svn co https://dvbcut.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dvbcut/trunk dvbcut

If yes, maybe you can figure out what went wrong by appending a " -x" in the
first line of setversion.sh (switching on debug output) and calling from the
commandline (inside the 'src'-directory):

../setversion.sh *.cpp *.h

> 0.5.4-release/ /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -o src/dvbcutbase.h src/dvbcutbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -impl dvbcutbase.h -o src/uic_dvbcutbase.cpp
> src/dvbcutbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_dvbcutbase.cpp src/dvbcutbase.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -o src/exportdialogbase.h src/exportdialogbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -impl exportdialogbase.h -o
> src/uic_exportdialogbase.cpp src/exportdialogbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_exportdialogbase.cpp src/exportdialogbase.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -o src/progresswindowbase.h src/progresswindowbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -impl progresswindowbase.h -o
> src/uic_progresswindowbase.cpp src/progresswindowbase.ui
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_progresswindowbase.cpp
> src/progresswindowbase.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_dvbcut.cpp src/dvbcut.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_exportdialog.cpp src/exportdialog.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_progressstatusbar.cpp
> src/progressstatusbar.h
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc -o src/moc_progresswindow.cpp src/progresswindow.h
> scons: done building targets.

The rest is only the QT3 user interface stuff ... not a single dvbcut source
file has been compiled! Very strange...

Hmmm,... maybe (again) some problem with the scons version / build procedure?
You alternatively could use the conventional build method by calling:

autoconf
./configure
make

Hope that helps...