Hi,

Am Montag, 5. Januar 2009 schrieb Alexander Winizki:
> Hi,
> sorry but i had no time to try your suggestions until today. The above
> mentioned error occurs both with the tarball and with the sources
> checked out directly from svn using your command.
OK, that's strange... but maybe a problem with you special scons
version (which one?). That happend already sometimes in the past,
actually one of the reasons why Michael provided that alternative procedure.

> After all, the
> conventional method :
> autoconf
> ./configure
> make
> worked for me, however not until i installed libmad-devel and
> liba52-devel which seem to be prerequisites not mentioned in the INSTALL
> file.
oops,... you are right!
We mentioned it on the webpage, but the INSTALL-file has been forgotten, when
audio decoding has been changed some time ago.

I appended an updated INSTALL file to that email... Michael (BTW, a Happy New
Year :-)), could you please add it to the repository?

bye
Ralph
DVBCUT INSTALL -- last edited 2009-01-07

In order to compile dvbcut, you need to have the following libraries
installed:

* Qt, version 3
* SCons (a modern build utility, replacing automake, autoconf and make)
* libao (optional, for sound output)
* libmad and liba52 for MP2 and AC3 decoding, respectively.

On a Debian system, the following packages should do the job:
libqt3-mt-dev qt3-dev-tools scons libao-dev libmad0-dev liba52-0.7.4-dev

If you have MPlayer installed on your machine (and it is accessible as
"mplayer"), you can play the videos inside DVBCUT.

How to compile DVBCUT:

* Unpack the dvbcut source archive and enter the dvbcut directory.
* Type 'make' (for the scons build procedure) or autoconf & .configure & make
  (the alternative/conventional way). If everything works well, you will
  find the DVBCUT executable in the bin subdirectory.