* On 2011 28 Jun 10:19 -0500, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> That's one of the best PR pieces on the hobby I've ever seen, Doug.

Seconded!

We're too far away from any TV stations to get any video coverage.  We
did have the editor from the neighboring county paper show up after he
contacted me Friday morning asking about amateur radio.  Seems he had
found the ARRL site and was curious.  He went home with a Now You're
Talking manual!

Afteward he tweeted, "Just watched ham radio guys in action. Cool!"  We
may have him hooked.  At least he took some pictures and promised a PDF
for our publicity bonus.  I'll be sure to point him toward the Elecraft
site since he is a self-professed gadget nut.

73, de Nate N0NB >>