* On 2011 28 Jun 23:20 -0500, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> Completely agree. To this day, I still can't send properly with an iambic
> paddle and tend to use them as though they were single lever paddles. Even
> though I've never owned such a beast. Really, really want another bug,
> though.

In late '09 I read the World of Ideas column in CQ by the late Dave
Ingram, K4TWJ, wherein he introduced the W6AME Bushwhacker single lever
paddle kit.  His statement that many ops find single lever keying easier
and more accurate than iambic intrigued me so I ordered one and received
it on a snowy Christmas Eve just before our Christmas blizzard of '09 so
I had plenty of time to play with it.  Admittedly, operating one is
deceptively simple yet takes a much different technique than iambic
paddles.  I find my accuracy has improved but still has a long way to
go!

http://www.americanmorse.com/bushwhacker.htm

It is a well-made unit, very precise, and offers a wide range of
adjustment.

I've had several straight keys from various no-name cheapies to a J-38.
Last August I picked up a tarnished key on a black krinkle finish base.
It looked neat and felt good so I paid the asking price and found out
later that it is a Nye Speed-X key.  I cleaned the nickel parts with
NEVR-DULL and it looks great on the desk and is much easier to use than
any previous key.  I bought the matching base from Morse Express which
makes for a nice key that is not too high off the desk top.

73, de Nate N0NB >>