It should still be useful for seeing that your audio levels and the modulation is OK, but it will not show you if the final RF output is still OK. If all is working OK in the K3 (RF wise), then that is a good indication, but should the RF stages go non-linear (or other condition) because of some fault, that will not be seen on the P3.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 9/24/2013 3:49 PM, Mel Farrer wrote:
I would like to state a glitch that happens once in a great while on my P3.  It
will stay on while transmitting and I see my transmitted signal.  If it is a
glitch, it must be a SW one because the display hardware is doing its job.
Then one would suggest it could be toggled on and off????  What a wonderful
thought.... hint hint.....

Mel, K6KBE

________________________________
  From: Gary Gregory <vk1zzg...@gmail.com>
To: Sam Morgan <k5oai....@gmail.com>
Cc: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3 Feature Request - Transmit sampling
Sam,

I still believe in the ol saying...the squeeky wheel get's the oil...so
it's good to keep our requests up.

73

On 25 September 2013 01:03, Sam Morgan <k5oai....@gmail.com> wrote:

I know we aren't suppose to do the 'me to' kind of posts here
and before hundreds of others add theirs and the topic gets canned
(again)...

as far as I am concerned this is the only remaining 'feature' that ruins
an otherwise perfect station combo.

perhaps the Flex is worth looking at again if this is never going to be
addressed??