If your neighbor tells you it's clean (and s/he knows how to look) then it's
likely the other station at fault.  Noise blanking, noise reduction, poor RX
audio (over)driving are huge issues that can make any reception look bad.

Bottom line: don't sweat it if your local stations tell you you're clean.

whiners >> /dev/null

73,
Rick wa6nhc

Tiny iPhone 5 keypad, typos are inevitable