Mike,

I believe if you carefully examine the reports of "hiccups, bumps, and whatever", you will find that many (if not most) of them are the result of computer setup with the various logging and rig control applications that users attempt to set up or use with the K3. Another area of frequent "problem reports" is connections to a digital interface of some sort.

These are not K3 problems, but problems users have had setting up and using those applications and accessories and the computer problems which result.

The K3 has wisely chosen to 'put its computers' (microprocessors) inside the K3. There are very few real problems with the K3 loaded with production level firmware. There is no dependency on a variety of computers coupled with a variety of operating systems. The Utility programs do need a computer to run, but are normally not needed for other than firmware loads and saving the configuration. The Utility programs do provide several user conveniences for things like loading CW memories more easily than doing it with the K3 alone - use of those added Utility features is optional and is the user's choice.

The K3 hardware has been quite solid for a long time now.

Yes, there are user questions that come up here frequently that are easily resolved through questions here on the reflector, and yes if you look at the problems that are revealed by those who load beta firmware, you may find some problem reports - but that is what beta firmware is all about, and only those who are willing to try it and report any problems should be using a beta version.

73,
Don W3FPR