It seems to me we have reached maturity in the hobby, or is it near saturation ?
Your choices today are among several fine brands of transceivers, and the
developments to come will be in the form of "integration" with chip technology
being applied in many ways.

Hence one can work that rare DX station simply by entering the call on QRZ and with a few simple rolls of the mouse ~ the TRX is set ~ Antenna is turned ~ then a
button is pushed for the exchange ~ and the log entry is made.
"thrill to some" and "boring to others"

Each of us has to find our level of satisfaction - - - Cheers, Jan K1ND