Ethan is right, 6 and 10-meters are fun!

One thing to remember, Sean, 6-meters can, and does, open almost anytime, especially when we have occurrences of solar flares. I operated from Ecuador last year and worked many US stations running the K3, at 100 watts, and a one-wavelength loop antenna. These typical Spring-time trans-equatorial openings were good enough that a power level of 10 watts would have allowed me to work more than 80% of the stations. A large number of stations worked were in Florida so you are nicely located for such openings.

You can put up decent temporary antennas for 6, like the one wavelength loop, pretty easily since the antennas will be relatively small. My loop was made of whatever wire was available at the hardware store at El Paseo Shopping Center in Santa Elena and 1/2-inch PVC pipe. And, as an additional advantage, the antenna tuner on the K3 was able to tune the loop for use on 10-meters, too. I'm sure the KX3 tuner will do the same.

Six meters is known as "the magic band" for good reason and, since you already have your Tech license, you can partake of the fun right away!

73,

Jack, W6Nf/VE4SNA/HC2UA/P40NF