Sean, I think with a limited antenna, (Buddipole) extra power will not make a
huge difference.  “You can’t work ‘em if you can’t hear ‘em.” is a truism.  I
suggest for your home station, you experiment with “low profile” antennas.
Like a fine wire tossed up in a tree or draped out an upstairs window or…

Buddipole is good for portable ops. For a more permanent home installation try
for better.  The better the antenna the better you’ll hear.  I’ve worked China,
most of Europe and South America, Several Oceania stations with my KX3 and 5
watts…  With a good yagi at 55’…   And Europeans and South  Americans on 40 and
80 on a vertical.  Yeah, I know…  You can’t do that.  You’ll do okay with the
Buddipole, but you can do better with a bit of trial and error.

Good luck and good DX

73

Gil, W1RG