On the other hand, the Elecraft web site does show such options at this page: http://www.elecraft.com/k2_remote.htm I think this discussion, as it pertains to operating with Elecraft transceivers, is relevant.

73, Phil w7ox

On 3/30/14, 8:10 AM, Chester Alderman wrote:
No, I completely disagree with that opinion! To my knowledge Elecraft
designs, builds, and sells some pretty decent ham radio electronic
equipment, none of which REQUIRES a computer to operate. The moderator
guidelines for the Elecraft reflector recently re-published, simply asked
that off-topic discussions be held to a minimum, guidelines that a lot of
folks seem to just totally ignore!

Tom - W4BQF
K3/P3 - Alpha 9500

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill W2BLC
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:09 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Linux and Operating

Healthy discussion regarding operating systems is very appropriate to the
world of Elecraft. Many ops use some form of computer assistance to their
operations, whether for simple logging or complete rig control and digital
modes. Of course, those not interested in the discussion may simply page on,
not reading what does not interest them.

Bill Clarke K-Line