Many of us use computers for a wide variety of purposes in the shack.

Some use them for logging, some for rig control.

Some of us operate almost exclusively keyboard-to-keyboard modes (don't know why I own a straight key, a set of paddles, or a microphone).

Without using a computer, I'm QRT.

I'm not a big fan of the Windows-vs-Linux religious arguments, but I am interested in what is, and isn't, available. I'm also still using what most would consider antique operating systems.

The folks on the computer-related reflectors aren't interested in PSK-31 or JT65, and would object about as quickly as some here who still log using a pen and paper.

I respect those who are old-school, but while I miss the 28KSR I once had, I can take my laptop (running XP) and my KX3 and operate most anywhere.

Does that make sense, Chester?

73 -- Lynn