Frankly, I've never checked to see if the down-hole pump is an RFI
source...  Only use the well when I am outside for the most part...
That's why I solicited Jim's opinion of the case.

I'll have to run a purposely test.

I would think I could filter at/near where the AC lines go in/out of the
hole (outside, and put in a metal enclosure?)  And when I finally finish
the pump control/distribution manifold in the back yard, the AC lines
will be over-sized, twisted pair, and in grounded conduit.
Will do whatever is required to keep things quiet.  My quiet zone is
slowly growing.  :)

73,

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389

On 7/19/2017 9:55 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
> Clay,
> Given that the pump is far, far underground, as is most of the wiring,
> I would expect it to be a trivial matter to filter the AC line, which
> should be the only thing radiating...  Was that the case for you?
>
> 73s and thanks,
> Dave
> NK7Z
> http://www.nk7z.net
>
> On 07/19/2017 07:52 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
>> Hmmmm....  Jim...  I have a variable speed down-hole pump on my water
>> well...  reckon that could cause RFI via the AC wiring?
>> The down-hole pump is 220VDC on dedicated circuit, and shack is on a
>> separate dedicated circuit from same service with separate sub-panel.

>> Clay Autery, KY5G
>> MONTAC Enterprises
>> (318) 518-1389

>>> Dave Cole has given you excellent advice, and you should follow it
>>> carefully. I'll add this additional caution. The "upgrade" in HVAC
>>> systems (heating, ventilating, air conditioning) is a variable speed