Sorry, yes, I shouldn't have added in the SignaLink comment in my reply as
that's not the problem.

In the PTT Method portion of the Radio dialog box is the PTT Method set to
"CAT" instead of "VOX"?

To clarify, the Port drop-down in the PTT Method portion of the Radio
settings tab is only enabled when you select DTR or RTS.

If I select either of these and select COM7 for my KX2 cable I can
successfully "Test CAT" but "Test PTT" does not key the radio.

If I select VOX "Test CAT" will work but "Test PTT" is greyed out (not an
option.)

If I select CAT both "Test CAT" functions and "Test PTT" keys the radio.

My settings for CAT Control are:

Serial Port: COM7
Baud rate: 38400 (matches the radio)
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 2
Handshake: None
Force Contol Lines: DTR and RTS are blank

73,

Tim
KA9EAK