OK ... see below

On 7/22/2017 2:02 PM, Tim Boppre wrote:
Sorry, yes, I shouldn't have added in the SignaLink comment in my reply as
that's not the problem.

In the PTT Method portion of the Radio dialog box is the PTT Method set to
"CAT" instead of "VOX"?

Good ..

To clarify, the Port drop-down in the PTT Method portion of the Radio
settings tab is only enabled when you select DTR or RTS.

If I select either of these and select COM7 for my KX2 cable I can
successfully "Test CAT" but "Test PTT" does not key the radio.

If I select VOX "Test CAT" will work but "Test PTT" is greyed out (not an
option.)

If I select CAT both "Test CAT" functions and "Test PTT" keys the radio.

Since you're getting a GREEN cat button when you click on Test CAT, the Computer is connected to the rig properly. Since you're getting a RED button on the Test PTT, you're good to go.

Make sure that the MODE is setup in WSJT-X as Data/PKT, as for split, set it to RIG, this works great.

My settings for CAT Control are:

Serial Port: COM7
Baud rate: 38400 (matches the radio)
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 2
Handshake: None
Force Contol Lines: DTR and RTS are blank

Settings are good or you wouldn't get the GREEN button.

Now you say you're not transmitting. What is the MIC setting on the rig?? If you're using the Signalink to control the audio to the RIG, you should have the MIC set up around 20 to 25 for now. The WINDOWS speaker setting for the Signalink should be at 100%, again since you're controlling the audio to the rig via the signalink. You should then set the Tx POWER out on the KX2 to what you want to use. Unlike other radios, the KX-series (and I believe the K series) Tx power out is set on the rig.

FInally, you want to bring up your ALC meter. Then find an empty frequency, then click the tune button on WSJT-X. Now adjust the audio TO THE RIG so that 4 SOLID bars are appearing on the ALC meter. You can have a flickery 5th bar, but I don't.

Hope this helps.

Neil, KN3ILZ