On Thursday, December 29, 2011 01:10:20 PM kqt4a...@gmail.com did opine:

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:08:23 AM kqt4a...@gmail.com did
opine:

> > opine:

> >> 1 - Probotix 40VDC 10Amp Linear Power Supply, no manual
> >
> > And linear is not as efficient, but far more tolerant of surges.
> > What did they want for it?
>
> $85.95
> It was an upgrade when I bought a V90

That would make me search my junk box. It is also a bit close to the 42
volt rating of my new drivers. Rich is not on of the bennies of being
retired, darnit.

In fact, I may have something I can use now that I think about it.  I
believe the supplies I use in series for EDM when I need to, could be
paralleled as the 2 in series make about 80 volts, which when used for EDM,
with a 25 ohm limiter and a 10 UF capacitor, work very well but sent me to
the truck for my rifle range muffs, as it is ring your ears noisy.  Now if
I can just recall where I got them from because I don't want to tear that
rig off the wall. I hate it when that happens. :(

> > I'm currently running on a 28 volt switcher
> > good for 12.5 amps if actively cooled.  42 volt rated drivers, so I
> > would like to locate a higher voltage (36?)supply.  OTOH, I've only
> > $30 from All Electronics in this one, which also has 5 and 12 volt
> > outputs at logic circuit currents.  They are live full time but the
> > main output is switchable, medical grade stuffs they claim.
> >
> >> 3 -
> >> http://www.probotix.com/index.php?view=product&path=14&product_id=51
> >> # 280 Oz In. Hybrid
> >> # 1.8 /200 Steps Per Rev.
> >> # 3 Amps Current Per Phase (Uni-polar)
> >> # 8-wire Uni-polar or Bi-polar
> >> # NEMA 23 Frame
> >
> > 262's, 4 wire for XYA, 425 on Z, 8 wire used as 4.
> >
> >> 1 - Pacific Scientific Powermax II stepper model P21NRXA-LNF-NS-00
> >> http://www.electromate.com/db_support/downloads/Nema23PowermaxII.pdf
> >> 200 steps per rev
> >> 2.8 amps
> >> 8-wire
> >
> > I think the 28 volts is making the MM-542's run warmer, so a 36 would
> > be better.  Running at 2.4 amps, could raise that 1 notch I think.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene

Cheers, Gene
Why be difficult when, with a bit of effort, you could be impossible?