On Thursday, January 05, 2012 08:31:05 PM gene heskett did opine:

> On Thursday, January 05, 2012 03:36:36 PM Cathrine Hribar did opine:
> > Hi  gene
> >
> > Wanted to ask where you found your steppers?
> >
> > I see that they pull 6 amps, what is the voltage and size?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bill
>
> I bought all those from Jeff at Xylotex, 3 ea of the 262's he had
> originally, then bought a 4 axis kit with 425's when I needed to add a
> 4th axis.  And 6 amps might be what the 425's need when wired parallel.
>  They are 8 wire, in series & currently getting about 2.35 amps/phase.
> The 425 motor on the Z drivers ios the only 425 installed ATM, and
> could do more than that 2.37, but ISTR I had them set for 2.4
> amps/phase when I cooked the 4 axis Xylotex board so as that seemed
> sufficient, I set the new MM-542's for about that same (2.37) amperage.
>
> The 262's are sometimes called a double stack as they are long, and the
> 425's are often called triple stack because they are even longer.

I went to Jeffs page and found that the motor I've been calling a 262 is
actually a 269, and it has a 2.8 amp/phase rating.

I also hauled the drivers box down to the garage and found out why the ABC
motor was running hot.  It had the 50% throttle when idle switch set ok,
but the switch next was miss-placed so it was getting 4.2 amps when moving,
but it never lost a step so I doubt the armature was hurt. and 2.1 when
idle.  Set them all to 2.84 amps & left it running idled for about an hour
with heating of about 7 or 8 degrees, since that is only 1.42 amps when
idling.  Sweet.  But that new D525 computer will be next Monday getting
here, so I'm still figiting about.  I don't mind wasting time, I am
decently good at it, but I hate enforced idleness.

I also booted the old box and found its latency sucked, just moving the std
sized glxgears window around on the screen took the jitter from 16 u-secs
to around 120 u-secs.

Where can I find some real docs on this isolcpu thingy?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene
"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!"
                -- "Ma" Ferguson, Governor of Texas (circa 1920)