Bryce Johnson wrote:
> That is true, but then I will lose the ability to square off my gantry when
> I do homing.  I suppose what I could open an linuxcnc with one ini in joint
> mode.  Close that down and open my slaved one up and home it again in place.

Horrors!  No, there are other ways to do this.  A scheme I dreamed up,
but haven't tried
is this.  When the home command is given, both motors are given
identical step
rates toward the home position.  When the first motor trips the home
switch, the
step pulses are interrupted to that motor.  When the second home switch
is tripped,
everything is re-enabled.  LinuxCNC is only told there is one axis, and
the home
switch input is shown to it when both switches are tripped.  That is
done with the
OR2 hal component.  Gating the steps to the two drives is a little more
complicated,
but standard HAL components should be able to do it.

Jon