Bryce,

I would (and did) avoid using Gantrykins.  It is rife with bugs (like ignoring
MAX_VELOCITY, or try jogging with keyboard keys in Manual Tab/World Mode and
over 488ipm - gives immediate fault but in Joint Mode/Manual Tab, can jog at
any speed) and/or gotchas (World Mode only supports continuous jogging not
incremental, and I guarantee you will screw up and jog in Joint Mode).  We
spent a long time trying to get Gantrykins to behave including modifying Axis
to switch to World Mode automatically, but ultimately gave up and are very
happy with our trivkins configuration.  See documentation here:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GantryPlasmaMachine

I reported a number of bugs on the mailing list back in Dec/Jan/Feb related to
Gantrykins and World/Joint mode and was ultimately convinced to just use
trivkins.  If I were you I'd save myself the frustration.  Wait, I was you and
I didn't!  Go ahead and experience the frustration and then switch ;-)  Or as
we say, Learn from the mistakes of other's by repeating them yourself!

BTW, good name.  10 years ago I named my son Bryce :-)

Tom