On 26 April 2013 22:03, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Both lathes had decent quality ball bearings on the spindle and were capable
> of putting a fine finish on work when good cutters were used.

This is a very good point. Every time I use the Motor Club's
Colchester Student I start to hate my lathe. But It will make nice
things.
I can't really complain about the finish on this ballscrew:
https://plus.google.com/photos/108164504656404380542/albums/5747722155741347649/5611819836865630514?banner=pwa
or the 30INT milling arbor:
https://plus.google.com/photos/108164504656404380542/albums/5747722155741347649/5830056959304093538?banner=pwa

The latter is quite a chunky part too.