In keeping with the off topic theme and since you mentioned CD ignition...
http://www.autoartisans.com/images/igf200.jpg
This one is CD ignition (with that 350V step up) for one coil per cylinder and
multi-point sequential fuel injection for Honda VTEC 1500CC engines used in
homebuilt aircraft and hovercraft.

But I had fun last night after reconditioning all the filter caps since they
hadn't been powered since about 1991.
http://www.autoartisans.com/S100/Hydra-80186-Inside.jpg
and then put the power supply back together, verified power was good before I
plugged in the motherboard and SASI/Floppy disk controller.
http://www.autoartisans.com/S100/Hydra-80186-DriveB.jpg

Might just have to write a utility that reads and rewrites each sector on the
hard drive.

Don't think something like LCNC would run on something like this.
John