Don't forget it requires a society of hundreds of millions of human
level intelligences to make a GPT-4.

And it take a human level intelligence some 20 years in order to make
meaningful contributions to something like GPT-4.

Progress will therefore continue to be be exponential for some time to
come. Only when super human intelligence is able to design itself will
hyperbolic progress begin. It will also need to better the energy
efficiency of human brains, and it is still orders of magnitude away
from that.

In saying 25 years to singularity, I was simply taking Kurzweil's
timeline, and adding the 5 years he was out by.