On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 2:39 AM Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
wrote:

> *> I would predict that human level intelligence may be matched in
> 2025with GPT-5, only 5 years later than Ray Kurzweil's prediction,*

Actually Kurzweil predicted that "*computers will be routinely passing the
Turing test by 2029* ", so his prediction was too conservative because,
although it's not "routine" quite yet, I would argue that one computer
program passed the Turing Test one month ago and that by 2025 human level
AI will be ubiquitous. As for GPT-5, some say it's already operational but
OpenAI is checking it for safety and they will not be releasing it to the
world until late this year or early next. OpenAI only has 375 employees and
that number is small enough to keep a secret for a few months, after all we
now know that GPT-4 first became operational last August, although the
world didn't find out about it until March.

u9b