Follow up from Fox of all sources! "Moral judgements"
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/ai-chatbot-chatgpt-influence-human-moral-judgments

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sat, Apr 8, 2023 3:11 pm
Subject: Re: It's too late to stop GPT4 now

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 8:19 AM Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

> Don't forget it requires a society of hundreds of millions of human
level intelligences to make a GPT-4. And it take a human level intelligence
some 20 years in order to make
meaningful contributions to something like GPT-4.
Progress will therefore continue to be be exponential for some time to
come. Only when super human intelligence is able to design itself will
hyperbolic progress begin.

Although certainly extremely helpful most areas of science require more than
just a brilliant theoretician, they need experimental evidence, and so new
knowledge in those fields will not grow at the same explosive rate as computer
intelligence does; however there are two fields that do not require experiment
evidence and so should grow as rapidly as intelligence does, mathematics and
software development, including smart software they can write even smarter
software. And there are mountains of data on physics and biology that already
exist and they're almost certainly unknown gems hiding in there that nobody has
spotted, but with new mathematical techniques and better software they could be
found.

> It will also need to better the energy efficiency of human brains, and it is
> still orders of magnitude away from that.

Take a look at this video, it talks about Nvidia's new chip, with a data center
using it an AI system that had required 35 MW to run will only need 5 MW to do
the same thing.
Nvidia's HUGE AI Breakthrough is Bigger Than ChatGPT

By the way, I think mathematicians and software developers will be the first to
lose their jobs, perhaps they could be retrained as coal miners.

8fi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv15B0KuA4vUUid4YGex_H9uqwTnbKT9EU_64mqjNioXcw%40mail.gmail.com.