I have noticed a curious upsurge in ideas that involve a little bit of
science, some futuristic stuff with a heavy dollop of science fiction ideas
that are framed within libertarian or right winged political ideology.
Social media has had a big growth in this sort of silliness. I suppose
maybe those on the conservative political spectrum with little stomach for
the religious right or Christian nationalism are voicing their ideas more
and more.

LC