On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 9:55 AM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> in.
>>>

>> *>That is exactly the problem. That would suggest that the two outcomes
>> (dead or alive) are equally likely. But it can easily be arranged that one
>> outcome is more probable than the other. MWI cannot account for unequal
>> probabilities.*
>>

> There are a googolplex number of Bruce Kelletts, all of which are in very
> slightly different quantum states but they all observe that, although
> Schrodinger's cat is in slightly different quantum states, the cat is alive
> in all of them. And there are 3 googolplexes of Bruce Kelletts, all of
> which are in very slightly different quantum states but they all observe
> that, although Schrodinger's cat is in slightly different quantum states,
> the cat is dead in all of them. Therefore if Bruce Kellett had no other
> information than before he opened the box he would bet that there is only
> one chance in four he would see an alive cat when the box was opened.

Nonsense. Where did the 3:1 ratio come from? I know the decay rate of the
radioactive source. I can arrange to open the box when there is only a 10%
chance that the atom has decayed. In that case I clearly have a 90% chance
of seeing a live cat when I open the box. Similarly, I can arrange for any
probability between zero and one of seeing a live cat. Whereas, if there is
always a live cat branch and a dead cat branch, my probability of seeing a
live cat is always 50%, contrary to the laws of radioactive decay.

Bruce