--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yagyax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ---Aristotle arrived at the conclusion that life is "Bliss" (he
used
> the phrase "Being-In-Itself") on the basis of his own experience,
as
> does (who's the person you're speaking on behalf of, Byron Katie?)?

That's right, attack the man, not the argument, there's a good Neocon.

>  But I keep up on modern philosophical topics, and haven't seen one
> statement from academic circles pointing to the notion that "Life
is
> Bliss".>>

Than you have not understood this modern and perfect argument below
(written by me):

"Existence exists, therefore interaction of the full potential of
existence - its opposite potentials of point and infinity - occurs.
Therefore activity occurs, therefore dynamism flourishes and
propogates. You are that existence and its inherent dynamism.
Thereforeyou are at home in that. Being at home, therefore you are
happy in this universe, which is your cherished home where you grew
up as a species.
Therefore life is bliss, because you are always at home in this
universe. All else is illusion.
Therefore, life is bliss.
All else is self-illusion, ie.untrue."

>  There's no more logical support for that conclusion than there is
> that the moon is made of green cheese. You keep on saying one can
> conclude that from logic, but your chain of premises is full of
> holes, like cheese..

And you have zero logic or rationale or ANY argument whatsoever
behind anything you say, except to attack me. Pathetic little man you
are.

OffWorld

>  In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mathatbrahman"
> > <mathatbrahman@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ---Offworld, your premises simply don't lead to the
> > conclusion "Life
> > > is Bliss". So, you're saying one can conclude this from logic
> > alone? >>
> >
> > Absolutely.
> >
> > > Preposterous! There's no more weight to that conclusion from
the
> > > shoddy premises you have presented that the conclusion "Life is
> > > bummer, then you die"...which many intelligent logicians
> believe.>>
> >
> > These are inexperienced and illogical "logicians" you speak of.
> > To say "life is a bummer, and then you die" is like a child
saying
> > "I can't go to bed, there's a boogey man under the bed".
> > I am being entirely descriptive here. Not sarcastic. The level of
> > rational perception that comes up with such a thing, is weak,
> > unfounded, and built on shifting sands.
> >
> > >  Logic alone will not lead one to your conclusion, otherwise
> > > Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle would have arrived at that. >>
> >
> > They did.
> >

> > Night night all. Sleep tight.
> >
> > OffWorld

> > thing