On 5/5/2014 10:54 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com wrote:
On 5/5/2014 11:48 AM, Bhairitu wrote:

    > Perhaps you ought to read up of glyphosates.

It's just that most folks around here don't think it's important to take
up arms to oppose the use of Roundup in gardens. Go figure.

We can hardly find Roundup any more in Victoria. It has been pretty much banned at the strength you used to be able to buy it. My husband, because he is a lawn fanatic, loves the stuff. I forbid him to use it and luckily he has a hard time getting his hands on it. But like any addict, he usually finds some source - in this case another woman who owns a sheep farm and can get the industrial strength stuff.

It's probably not going to kill you, Ann, unless you eat the grass or use your lawn as a table. Roundup works pretty good on sidewalks and driveways to kill unsightly weeds, but I wouldn't drink the stuff. The exhaust fumes from your car on the way to the feed store might be a greater hazard to your health.

Some people around here have cesspools in the ground because they don't have access to city waste facilities and they have wells to get drinking water. You put the cesspools and the water wells too close together and then spray Roundup all over, you're bound to get some bad effects!

Some city people have to drink tap water from a recycling plant. Or, they buy Ozarka bottled water by the case. I wonder what happens to all those plastic bottles? Somewhere I read that most bottled water is really tap water. Go figure.

These days though, it's the monkeys flying out of my butt that I worry about. They are all going down the toilet along with the crap - I wonder what that does to the ground water used for drinking or growing food?

---
is active.