algae in a municipal water supply?  with an odor? that sounds strange.

 I'm about to go back to drinking it for a while because the city water has
algae in it which they claim is harmless but stinks.  I have a refer with a
filter for water which helps but doesn't get rid of the algae that well.  When
I was at a movie last year they told me the drinks might smell because of the
algae in the water.  I was surprised that the pop machines didn't have a filter
on they line.  I seem to recall they used too.  Maybe they do but it can't get
rid of the algae.