The other question on chain-plying the llama is how it behaves at the
bends.  I have found that some fibers are more malleable and chain-ply with
barely perceptable bumps (merino, for example), but that more wiry fibers
can be very stubborn and not want to bend that radically.  I'd be a little
concerned that the llama might be one of the stubborn ones.  I love chain
plying, but I also find that I am not always the most consistent spinner
from one end of a bobbin to the other, so plying with separate singles gives
me a little more chance to even things out (of course, sometimes all the fat
bits pile up too).

Jekka

--
Jessica Sewell
Assistant Professor

Director of Undergraduate Studies
American and New England Studies Program
Boston University
226 Bay State Road
Boston MA 02215
tel. 617-353-9913