Thanks to Holly and Jekka with their thoughts on my plying question.

Holly wrote:

>> In your particular situation, the only real
>>advantage to chain-plying is to get knitting
>>before you're finished spinning and plying :) And
>>practicing a new skill probably counts, too.

Yeah, well, let's not talk about getting to any knitting.  I'm going to be
working on reknitting that cotton XL sweater for a while. sigh

And I have done chain-plying before, so it's not that I'm totally learning
the new skill.just thought it might be easier.but.

Jekka wrote:

>> The other question on chain-plying the llama is how it behaves at the
>>bends. I have found that some fibers are more malleable and chain-ply with
>>barely perceptable bumps (merino, for example), but that more wiry fibers
>>can be very stubborn and not want to bend that radically. I'd be a little
>>concerned that the llama might be one of the stubborn ones.

This is exactly what I've been wondering about.

Of course, I could try it . and at the same time, I've got a funny feeling
it could be one of those things that might get worse over time.

I think you're both reinforcing my suspicion that Navajo/chain plying would
be a Mistake.

Bah!  :-)

Grace