I wouldn't object to improvement in this area, either.  Adding a more
intuitive interface to the midi area of Finale would certainly make it
far more attractive to many people who currently don't like the program.

And it wouldn't even require any reworking of the current capabilities!
  Just a reorganization which would make things like Andrew Stiller's
most recent question unnecessary -- he would be able to open a mixer
panel which would allow him to do as he wishes volume-wise.

--
David H. Bailey