Brian and Fink:

I have the latest version of xfig from fink:

% fink list xfig
Information about 8929 packages read in 1 seconds.
 i   xfig             3.2.5b-3     Menu-driven tool to create graphical objects

(Note that there is apparently a newer version available from
http://xfig.org/art17.html ; the latest is xfig.3.2.5c.full.tar.gz .)

When I run this xfig on my Mac OS X 10.7.5 a popup comes up:

  Xfig: Error messages

  Either you have a very old app-defaults file installed (Fig),
  or there is none installed at all.
  You should install the correct version or you may lose some features.
  This may be done with "make install" in the xfig source directory.

I don't know what this means or what to really do about it (when using
the Fink version; with the compiled version maybe I could fix it).
How do I fix this on the Fink version or how do I avoid getting the
message every time I start xfig?  (It gets in the way.)

Thanks,

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schne...@mail.nih.gov
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov/ (current link)