It looks in the application defaults file "Fig", in the
/etc/X11/app-defaults or /usr/etc/X11/app-defaults directory
(you will have to find that directory and file) and it compares the
Fig.version in that file:

Fig.version:                    3.2.5c

with the version compiled into the program.  So if the executable says
it is 3.2.5b-3 (title bar) then change that string
in the Fig file to 3.2.5b-3.

Brian

--
Brian V. Smith (bvsm...@lbl.gov)