The symlinks are generated by Ben's script for Beta 1.  For Beta 2, they
are built in

Actually, I checked my installation again and libapplexp.1.0.dylib
doesn't exist anymore--it was in my backup directory, but it was copied
over from my Beta 1 install.  I confirmed this by using Pacifist, so
that I could go into the original .pkg files.

For other readers, I'll summarize:

?        1 - (same)
        sudo sudo dpkg -r --force-depends xfree86-rootless-threaded=20
        xfree86-rootless-threaded-shlibs xfree86-base-threaded=20
        xfree86-base-threaded-shlibs

        2 - (same)
        Install X11User, X11SDK

        3 - (same)
        sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6_bak
        sudo mv /etc/X11   /etc/X11_bak

        4 - (same)
        fink install xfree86-base-threaded
        fink install xfree86-rootless-threaded

        5 - (changed)
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/Xquartz               /usr/X11R6/bin
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/quartz-wm             /usr/X11R6/bin
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.1.1.dylib  /usr/X11R6/lib
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.1.dylib  /usr/X11R6/lib
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.dylib  /usr/X11R6/lib
        (the last 3 dylibs were absent in the beta 0.1 post)

        6 - (changed)
        mkdir ~/X11
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/Xquartz               ~/X11
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/quartz-wm             ~/X11
         sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.1.1.dylib  ~/X11
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.1.dylib  ~/X11
        sudo cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.dylib  ~/X11
        (same 3 dylibs absent from beta 0.1)

        7 -
        sudo pico .xinitrc
        and added: exec quartz-wm

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 00:34, Michèle Garoche wrote:
> Le mercredi, 19 fév 2003, à 22:25 Europe/Paris, Alexander Hansen a
> écrit :
>
> I redo the same also, but then when I inspect the differences both bak
> and non bak folder I saw that the files where the same except for
> applexp.1.dylib which I copied, the other ones were only symbolic links
> to this one (I had run before the perl script from Ben (not sure if
> it's from Ben, sorry for the author if I'm wrong here, I apologize in
> advance). So I remove them and remove too the bak folder since it is
> noted on Fink site that the script is no longer needed.
>
> Did I do something wrong, in which case I will erase all and reinstall
> X11 and XDarwin (fun, fun, fun :-)?
>
> Michèle
> <http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213