27.11.2021 12:42, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

Yes, I think that is perfectly acceptable for an initial version. Scrollable cursors are a bit of an oddity anyway, but having scrollable cursors in embedded access, but not in remote access is IMHO less acceptable than bad performance. As long as the performance behaviour is clearly documented, people can make the decision if the bad performance is worth the utility of scrollable cursors for themselves.

I've just committed network support for scrollable cursors to master. Prefetch logic is supported for NEXT/PRIOR navigations. Protocol changes are documented here:

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/issues/7051

Are other values than 0 or 1 (CURSOR_TYPE_SCROLLABLE) currently possible for cursorFlags (flags)?

Nope (so far). Although remembering our old discussion re. whether scrollability should be represented via a syntax keyword or an API flag, I would consider adding a NO_BATCH flag (which is currently triggered using FOR UPDATE syntax) to cursorFlags.