Dmitry Yemanov wrote 28.11.2021 12:45:
That would be useful in some cases. And if statements with "WHERE CURRENT OF" condition also were somehow marked client libraries could force cursor position synchronization before executing them.

I'd expect FOR UPDATE to still disable batching even without that NO_BATCH flag (as now), just because I can hardly see the need to prefetch cursor (and later reposition) if a positioned UPDATE/DELETE is expected.

Statements with explicit FOR UPDATE is not a problem. IIRC using of positional UPDATE/DELETE is allowed even without them (resulting in a mess). Knowing that a (unknown user-provided) statement does use positional DML (without complete parsing) could allow drivers to workaround that mess without performance penalty of NO_BATH option.

--
  WBR, SD.