How I'm thinking. The connections are normally in pool, when you're
using some, it's not in pool (actually it's still in the pool's
collection, but "marked as used") logically. When you're cleaning all
pools you are cleaning connections that are pooled (in pool). Hence
connections not in pool should be untouched. At least that's what I
think. On the other hand, this a huge breaking change. Not sure it's
worth changing it. :\

Also thinking from the other hand. If you have reference to some
connection that's used and you'd like to close and clear all, why not
to first close connections you're holding and then clean pools. Right?
What's to reason to have method that would do it under your hands...

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com