I think that is pretty much what I was angling for, just more clearly
vocalized. :-)

Thanks,

Curt.

John Barrett writes:
> I'm talking more along the idea that the server operator will choose if the
> world is combat or not combat -- rather than trying to do both in the same
> world -- once I get the core online and move on to the community webserver,
> server config including combat/non-combat status will be displayed so you
> can choose the type of world you wish to participate in
>
> and no reason I can think of not to run multiple servers on a single
> machine, or multiple machines, some combat, some not, if, as a server
> operator, you wish to provide a broad range of environments for flyers
>
> thats getting into the scenario system and setting a startup scenario for
> the server -- for instance, starting at a particular airport with only
> single engine prop planes allowed for civilian GCA practice, or having
> multiple starting airports and full combat for a "capture the enemy bases"
> scenario like Air Warrior (anyone thought of doing a tank sim based on the
> FG core code ?? -- both pilotable and AI driven ?? <EvilGrin> )

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org