Manuel Bessler said:

> Another idea I just had: Why not put all the general algorithms needed
> in an average FMC into a library (possibly as part of SimGear).
> Things like performance calculations, (access to) route databases, input
> validation (eg: airport code exists?, does this airport have a runway
> xxR?),routing calculations,...
>
> This library could then be used/linked to build an FMC, either withing fgfs our
> as a standalone program.

Maybe something like that could work.  There are some good suggestions in this
thread,  but you know in the end these details are up to whoever takes the
initiative to write the code.  There will always be room for further contribution.

Which reminds me that I forgot to make it clear that I am very excited to hear
of this proposal.  This feature is something we really need, especially for
the airliners.

Best,

Jim