On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:17:21PM +0200, Boris Koenig wrote:
> > I like the unix philosophy: for every task a seperate program that does
> > only the one thing its designed for. ( make each program do one thing
> > well)
> > I know this is not always appliceable esp. for a flightsimulator, but it
> > could be a good idea in this case.
>

> I don't even mention that this whole thread ultimately brings us back
> to the plugins discussion :-)

I'm thinking more in terms of named pipes/fifo sockets...

plugins just have two advantages here: they can be built later than the
simulator and you can decide when to load what.
But the costs are adding all the dlopen stuff. Not sure if the other
platforms make it easier here. (I haven't followed the plugin thread)

Regards,
Manuel