I meant to reply to this yesterday...

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, JOSHUA WILSON wrote:

>I have made some more changes to the 787 model.

Your timing is excellent, as Boeing rolled out the 787 Sunday (7/8/'7):

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003780379_787main09.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003780816_787rollout09.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003780812_787qwest09.html

(note, in the last article, that difficulties with streaming audio aren't
limited to FG)

Part of the celebrations included landing a vintage 707 at 7:07 PM PDT (I
think...) Saturday evening, 7/7/07:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003779594_boeing08.html

As part of the 787 project, Boeing modified some 747s as "Dreamlifters".
Would it be worthwhile to add one to the FG fleet?  If so, can the model
emulate the opening tail section?

 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/news/business/links/dreamlifter.html
 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/businesstechnology1407

Speaking of models, is anyone interested in modelling a lawn chair with
balloons:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003781771_weblawnchair09.html

We could us Ogel as a chase plane...

About me: I've been lurking on the Flightgear-devel for a while.  I'd like
to contribute but haven't picked a subject.

I am a software engineer and have a Private Pilot License with about 300
hours, most of it in Cessna 172s.  Although not actively flying these days,
I have landed at Paine Field (KPAE), the site of Sunday's roll out, as well
as other major airports in the region (Sea-Tac, KSEA; Portland Oregon,
KPDX; Victoria, CYYJ), as far north as Prince George, British Columbia
(CYXS) and as far south as Sacramento Executive (KSAC) and Concord/Buchanan
(KCCR) in the Bay Area.  Yet, however far I roamed, Boeing Field (KBFI)
remained my favorite airport - all kinds of traffic from general aviation,
medical air lift helicopters, air cargo, private charters (e.g., local
sports teams), Boeing pre-delivery work, and military craft (including Blue
Angels in August).  Summer weekends, BFI is busier than SEA - BFI has two
local traffic radio frequencies, SEA has just one.

Areas within FG that interest me include ATC.  A few days ago, someone
mentioned a museum (?) using FG as part of a "camp" for school students,
setting up a collaborative flight scenario.  Could this be expanded to
include several virtual airports, complete with control towers and
approach/departure controls (complete with hand off capability)?  Perhaps
even transport flight dispatch and planning...  We'd need the ability to
communicate orally, but I think it'd be a great teaching tool - not only
the technical aspects (how to fly a plane) but also the cooperation needed
to make such a multifaceted set up work.  To a large degree, this problem
has been solved by the VATSIM folks, but I don't think VATSIM is adaptable
to a classroom environment.

Enough for now.  Dinner time.

--
Mike Schuh - Seattle, Washington USA