It looks like there has been good progress in the area of ATC recently with
the ATC Radar and work with voice.  Right away there will be use for ATC text
messages  and even after voice for when you are unable to use it and need to
fall back or prefer text,

I was wondering if anyone was looking at a controller and pilot method of
quickly sending and responding to messages like a push button UI having the
ATIS, departure procedure et.. for the controller and the replies for the
pilot such as  $callsign_affirmative, negative  et..   It could just be the
UI with common things built in and the rest as user files that could be
tailored by the user or groups of users.

Just something I was thinking about and wanted to throw it out before I got
sidetracked.