On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Erik Hofman wrote:

> This encouraged me to look at the FGFX change I made before but which
> turned out to be less than ideal. I think I'm slowly getting at what
> is
> happening. If I get this sorted out adding sound effects to models
> should be easy. I'll let you know how things turn out.
>
> Erik

Erik, thank you for the answer.
In fact - i'm started work on re-implementation of OAL in SimGear.
My vision on it - it should be more OOP-is (however, I'm not a big OOP
addict),
and transparent. In ideal - we should be able just to write some (in
pseudocode)
CObject.Engine[1]->MapSoundSource("CFM_sound"); - and get it work.

As far as I know - You're the developer of current FG sound subsystem.
Just to not do the same work twice - maybe we can/should co-operate, and
bring out something together ? What do you think about it ? Working
for a years
as sound engineer, I have some imaginations about how sound should
"work",
and maybe my experience can be handful. At other end - I abadoned
programming
in 2004, and now I'm slowly getting back, but as hobby, but there're
lot of things
I forgot, and even more of them I never knew - and your experience can
solve
a lot of questions.

Regards,
  Vladimir