On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:05:30 +0200, Vladimir wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > ..keep in mind sound moves thru the airframe structure too, and much
> > faster than it does thru the air flowing around the aircraft,
> > imagine e.g. propeller noise heard in a F-16 from a Tu-95, or heard
> > in a Spit from a FW-190 playing chicken, or in a B-17 combat box
> > formation. Lovely can of worms. ;o)
> >
> Doppler is responsible of such effects, and it's hard-coded into
> OpenAL.

..lovely, it can handle things like shock waves from propeller
blades meeting those from AA gun fire?
Sounds sort of whip double strike like, if you haven't heard
it in RL, from each grenades bow and tail wave meeting the
propeller blade tip waves, I used to fly R/C AA target drones
way back in the Cold War. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: