On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:10:42 +0200, Vladimir wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi James !
>
> Thank you for your help !
> In fact, i'm thought about extending FGFX functionality with some
> members, like
> adding some members to it, like FGFX::ConvertGLCoordinates,
> FGFX::BindToModelNode, etc...
> That little hack I published before - is based at approach like you
> told, but at my oppinion it was
> a really bad example of code, due it has very far relation to real
> OOP. If we has FGFX, than
> we should avoid to embedd SG classes directly, instead embed them in
> FGFX, IMHO.
> There's a function in SimGear, SGSoundMgr::set_source_pos_all. As
> far as I understand,
> it deals with all of the sources a listed in source map. Maybe
> there'll be a need of
> writing of per-source based function. In fact i'm in trouble with
> this set_source_pos_all,
> and experimenting with it.
>
> Using multiple 3d sound sources can be a very cool and handful
> thing. Imagine, you have B737
> and you can bind sound emitters right to engines, not fuselage, or
> cockpit. And hear them right as
> supposed to sound.

..keep in mind sound moves thru the airframe structure too, and much
faster than it does thru the air flowing around the aircraft, imagine
e.g. propeller noise heard in a F-16 from a Tu-95, or heard in a Spit
from a FW-190 playing chicken, or in a B-17 combat box formation.
Lovely can of worms. ;o)

> Or you can have Il-62 model, with 4 engines at
> his tail - and of course they
> will sound the other way as B737 ones. Etc, etc, etc...
>
> Regards,
>   Vladimir
>
> On Oct 23, 2008, at 9:41 AM, James Turner wrote:
>

> > They way I thought about doing this was to extend the SimGear
> > classes with a 'SGSoundSource' object, registered with the sound
> > manager. Samples would be played from a source, and sources would
> > have position / velocity / etc. Then you'd make AIBase or AIModel
> > own a SGSoundSource, and use that for the sound generation.
> >
> > Int

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: