Thanks Thorsten for your clear words,
yes, it sucks to see people messing up the history, merging local branches
and then pushing them to gitorious. I personally see another problem in the
way changes that are merged appear in the history: The merge date is there,
but the commits associated to it can be hidden somewhere down in the
history. This is a very bad state when it comes to bughunting (bisecting).

Every fgdata contributor who creates complicated xml/shader files should be
able to understand basic git workflow as well...

Chris

https://www.gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/commit/818b92fa07a49c333f80ac21f483b33fd5e2b7c7

https://www.gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/commit/e7452f70358e67824e499294fd32d6d6f8d3dd93