On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 17:43 +0100, Peter Morgan wrote:
> I got a really really slow connection....
>
> Got around the git problem by using a script on a dedicated to pull
> from git, and "push" to a subversion, which runs twice a day
>
> I then checkout from subversion read only of course, it works a treat
> and get all updates very quickly..
>
> However this approach is not for development, but as an user its a
> very efficient way to keep up to data with master and 2.8 etc
>
> Pete

Hi Pete,

What about the idea I thought you were working
on of zipping each aircraft - presumably regularly
updated as more git changes happen - and having
like the FGx GUI downloading and installing these
at the users choice/request?

Thus an initial install of fgdata would only have a
dozen or so a/c, like the releases, but additional
a/c could be easily installed on selection...

Or did this not work out...

Regards,
Geoff.