> I think I must have something wrong here: much of the textures which were
> green turn a horrid brown colour, it looks like nothing I have ever seen
> on  the ground in the UK. Is that what is intended?

That'd depend on the slider position and the landclass I guess - no way to tell
without a screenshot. Full late autumn  turns everything earth-coloured and is
supposed to be the background for a snow cover. I doubt the UK gets cold enough
in winter that the vegetation dies off to such a degree (it does in Finland...)
 and there is no attempt made to regionalize the slider effect - it probably
looks really silly if you use it in a tropical location.

Otherwise:

"I have tested mainly in central Europe (...) I regard the current state as
proof of concept. If there is a graphic  artist available who wants to optimize
the texture alpha channel settings for  best effect,  please get in touch."

Best,

* Thorsten