Gee, what you seem to be giving good evidence for is high paid
professional 'quasi-scientific' consulting that is disasterously
incompetent.  Now, I'm sure to object less to messed up plans and
research from people who share my personal prejudices.   But isn't
what's been happening amount to a lot of people planning and acting
boldly on seriously misinformed models?   I mean really, when you look
at those duplicate completely fake and irrational charts you so nicely
identified, how could any kind of measure to be made of them at all?
How do you model brains full of made up nonsense??

I think modeling is out of reach, but story telling may not be.  Telling
the stories of how complex events can be read or misread would be a real
service.   Then again, what if we just decided to spend an equal amount
of money figuring out how to get along with people as on destroying
them.   That would be novel.   The last time I checked killing people
pisses their friends off, especially when they are seen as defending the
religious honor of a whole people, though I haven't seen any official
studies.   Who knows, perhaps "an eye for an eye" is just incorrect.
We should study this.  Maybe the requirement for being a descent
neighbor is to unilaterally NOT return insults... or some thing like
that.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but that RAND poop just plain pisses me off.

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
explorations: www.synapse9.com

hive.html.
In contrast, in today's New York Times, the front page has an article on

Hezbollah, _Holding a Gun, Lending a Hand_, which describes the loyalty
of Hezbollah fighters due to the support given to them and their
families by the organization.  Seems like US aid could undermine
terrorist organizations by doing better at the same job.   All these
forces could be considered in an agent model.

It probably wouldn't matter if such a simulation had 1e4 or 1e7 agents
of different persuasions, but rather the mixing ratios of just enough
agents so that the dynamics would be the smooth and similar in a larger
simulation of similar demographics for the same relative configuration.

Personally, I'd rather have political scientists and technical people
developing crude models of various international stability situations
than flushing billions of tax dollars down the drain on a gut feeling
Maybe provide real time updates to one of those CNN ticker lines showing

odds of success, cumulative cost, and expected value.  :-)

Marcus